Matt is married to Emily and they have two boys, Boston and Walker. Central drew them in from the moment they set foot in the building.
The Apostle Paul writes in 1 Corinthians 3, "Neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God who gives the growth." Matt considers it a privilege to do some of the watering at Central through the preaching of the Word, vision casting, developing leaders, and saying less sarcastic and cynical jokes than he used to. But watching God bring growth to people's lives at Central is what he considers his greatest privilege.
When was the last time you cried - Whatever the last time I preached was
Favourite sport to watch - Hockey/the Canucks losing
Appy or Dessert - Appy (wings, nachos...I could go on...)
Favorite verse - So many. Let's go with:
- "For the word of the cross is folly to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God...we preach Christ crucified" (1 Corinthians 1:18, 23).
- "The saying is trustworthy and deserving of full acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am the foremost." (1 Timothy 1:15)
Favourite quote - Again, so many...
- "God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks in our conscience, but shouts in our pains: it is His megaphone to rouse a deaf world." C.S. Lewis
- "What comes into our minds when we think about God is the most important thing about us." A.W. Tozer
- "I find that athletic clothes are perfect for just sitting around in." Demetri Martin